What is the need of the hour?
- The need of the hour is to quit social media and do some soul-searching.
- The Facebook executive said we were building something, and in the deep recesses of our mind, we knew something bad could happen.
- Rather than connecting people, the social media disconnects people.
Why you need to stop using social media?
- These are the tools that are ripping apart the social fabric of how society works.
- All the future world leaders must internalize this.
- There’re all sorts of things on social media fake news, misinformation, no-cooperation, etc.
Who can use social media to take advantage of situations?
- Take an example, there was a hoax in WhatsApp, people were afraid their children would be kidnapped, and there was lynching they thought they found the person who’s kidnapping children, while he was innocent.
- Any infringement group can spread the content they want and influence people’s opinion.
How social media affects our minds?
- The short-term driven dopamine driven feedback loop is destroying how society works. You receive a like on your post, a reaction, a comment and some dopamine(happiness inducing hormone) is released.
- This fake popularity can create huge tension.
- It forces you into a vicious cycle because you nedd that dose of dopamine back, think of that thing compounded by 2 billion people.
- This is just for one person, imagine when you can take then at to extreme, you can make people do anything you want.